Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dog Barf and Other Surprises

So living back at home for a bit hasn't been too bad. It's nice not having to pay rent and so forth and yeah, I like the fam and surprisingly, I'm not sick of them yet. Due to the lack of social life, I've really been able to connect with them and get to spend some real quality time with them.

The one family member I've really gotten to know well is my dog Griz. My family got him while I was away on my mission and so never really got to know this dog before headed off to Provo. He is the perfect dog for my family. He cuddles with you while you're watching TV and always is up for a chase.


Anyways, I've come to love this dog. Even when he decided to puke everywhere on the kitchen floor. I would post pictures but it was an ugly site, and it took everything I had to keep my gag reflex under control as it was. I can't think of anything more disgusting to clean up than brown chunky dog vomit. And yet, I still love this dog. Griz, buddy, you owe me one.

Also this last weekend I got to go sledding up on Cedar Mountain with part of the Spendlove clan, Axton Hoyt, and a few other friends. The highlights were definitely my sandwiches that were made with love by Whit and Jacob getting his head stuck in the snow while trying snowboarding for the first time. Poor kid, but boy, he did not give up. I've never seen anyone take such a beating and still continue at it. I was able to film most of the runs people had but unfortunately I always seemed to miss his. The one I will post is the one of Axton trying to hit a three foot jump on a sled. I sledded down before him in order to film it and went down so fast I had to roll off the sled in order to stop.



He started making excuses that his sled slowed down by itself. As you can hear in the video, I thought the was a bunch of bull crap but it made for a hilarious video.

All in all, it made for a great trip and some good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment